Shutter Monkey

Shutter Monkey Shoots... Shutter Monkey Scores

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ok, ok, an Update

Woo! A new post! Hope you're as excited as me. I've found a moment between classes and case briefs. Law school so far is great, I have to say. Not great in the this-makes-me-so-happy-and-free kind of way. More as great as school can be.

1) Short commute! Much better than my 5 mile, 40 minute drive to Beverly Hills.
2) Professosr are nice! Go figure, I feel like I can talk to them.
3) Nice people, but not too nice. I can talk to them if I want, but no one is trying to be my best friend. That sounds mean, but it's not.
4) I've learned more in the past week than I have the whole last year. The material so far is actually really interesting and somewhat understandable, especially once the prof. enlightens us.
5) I have a smidgen of free time, more that what I thought I'd have, which was none. I've been able to surf the internet during the day (hence this post) and actually go out to dinner once in a while. Good lord, I even worked out yesterday at the school gym! We'll see if I'm singing the same tune 10 weeks into the semester when reading has snowballed and the exam is around the corner...

Thus far, I feel like I've made the right decision. Southwestern is a beautiful place. Anyone who wants to meet me for lunch should do so and I can give you a tour! Of course, I've experienced all the requisite feelings of being somewhere new. Last week I felt childlike, like my mom left me at preschool and I wasn't ready. But I'm quickly maturing into an actual law student.