Shutter Monkey

Shutter Monkey Shoots... Shutter Monkey Scores

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Manifestation of Boredom

Nibbler reels at the sight of my newly purchased first-year law books. Look away, Matt!



I experienced the requisite panic once the book store clerk had helped me lug them to my car and I forked over $830 for them... (Don't let your jaw drop too far, they should be for the whole year). Questions such as "hmm, I hope I'm making the right decision, why am I doing this to myself?" and "Why are the study guides as fat as the case books?" rose to mind. At first glance, all these look like tomes full of the bureaucratic fine print you never want to read. I felt numb.

There are many reasons I want to go to law school, some obvious, some personal. I'm not going to list them. But, I know on the first day of class, my studious self will get academically excited and I'll be on a path to rigor and reward, which is ok by me. This is stuff that surrounds and controls us, and most people know nothing about it, I want to know and I'm going to find out -- for better or for worse beginning August 22nd.