Shutter Monkey

Shutter Monkey Shoots... Shutter Monkey Scores

Monday, August 01, 2005

I Got Rocked at the Hall of Fame



As many of you know, I spent last week in Ohio. Last Tuesday we went to Cleveland and got more of a rocking than we bargained for at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was a bit scary, but more of an adventure than anything. We were the last people out of the theatre because we HAD to see Led Zeppelin be inducted. Zeppelin rocked too hard. We felt a slow shaking and then heard a low rumbling. At first, we were like, "Great, the earthquakes followed us to Ohio...". But no... it was just hurricane force winds tearing off the bottom of the theatre suspended over Lake Eerie at the moment we were in it. Kinda cool.

Otherwise, it was a wonderful trip. I really love Ohio and I think Beau does now too. Every time I go back, I learn more, things I never knew while living there (mainly because I was under 10). Beau experienced crazy lightening storms, a real basement, and fireflies all for the first time.

It was a bit sad, nonetheless. I do not know when I will go back there (or why). Also, it may have been the last time I'll be at my grandparents house (which holds so many memories) ever. That thought really saddens me, like if that house is unavailable, my Ohio is gone.

It is a beautiful place. Sometimes it looked like the Amazon, all jungly and green. The air feels differenet. Worthington is a wonderful town. While strolling through German Village (a true old settlement of Germans and hometown to Jeff Smith and other artists), we found some apartment listings for places way cooler than ours and at prices so much lower my brain stopped working and I could not comprehend. Beau said he was open to moving there one day. Maybe I'll take him up on it and create new Ohio memories...