Shutter Monkey

Shutter Monkey Shoots... Shutter Monkey Scores

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Cyclical Events

Why does everything seem to happen at once? It’s always a surge of events, good or bad, and then nothing. I’m in the middle of a surge right now, for better or worse. I’ll start off with the bad; my grandma has cancer. I know, this isn’t a very happy blog so far, but it’s what is happening now and what I’m thinking about. She’s the wife of my grandpa who just passed away. So that sucks hardcore.

I got on the waitlist for USC law school, which I guess is a good event. It gets my hopes up in a bad way. I know I could do well there, I’m going to pull all the strings I can to put myself over the edge. It’s my only hope I think. They say you can be on the waitlist till August, which sucks in terms of deciding whether to take the LSAT again (I would have to register in May) or apply to Southwestern (way below USC). I have complete confidence that I can score higher on the LSAT than I did on my actual test in December, but it’s honestly tempting to abandon any thoughts of law school to not have to take that test again…

Yet, there is still the best event to come -- my wedding. That goes without explanation. A few monthes ago, I figured that would be all that was going on at this point in time. I really just want to be wrapped up in the happiness of that, which I am, and will be more and more closer to April 17.

I keep spacing out at work. I’m still sick and I sound like Bea Arthur after smoking a pack (that might be an exaggeration). At least I can talk, unlike last night. I don’t know about this whole assistant thing. It’s really hard to be concerned, or even pretend to be concerned, about someone else’s shit while dealing with your own. It’s probably not good that I write these entries in the midst of my work day, at the peak of my frustration.