Shutter Monkey

Shutter Monkey Shoots... Shutter Monkey Scores

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Mr. Sandman, You're a Weirdo

Speaking of dreaming last night (and this doesn't excuse you from responding to the quiz below!) I feel the need to post about my nocturnal mental activities...

So, the first one I remember was kind of disturbing. Paul, stop reading, it contained lots of sharks. I was swimming in the ocean with friends, I remember Sara, and we saw various creatures, a water snake, and then sharks. This dream was the first time I've ever felt a fear of sharks. We thought we could take it, but we got out of the water onto this little pier and then the sharks starting throwing themselves onto the pier. Finally, someone had killed a few creatures, a huge starfish, or some amorphous blob that my mind created, and, this is where is gets really weird, she gutted it, ate it, and set herself on fire to attract the sharks to her. Assuming her dead, I saw her float for awhile, get tugged from underneath and finally be pulled below. THEN my dream did some movie-like thing, it changed to underwater, following the dead body, which was actually being pulled by a scuba diver!! That person swam to a cove sort of place where we were all waiting to lure the sharks into an ambush! wtf? I remember my friends in like bathing suits with knives, like ok, let's get 'em. That's it. I swear, it was that vivid, I have images in my mind still. Coocoo.

Second dream I remember, I was about to take the LSAT again, the ultimate nightmare. I was sitting there with the worst, realistic feeling in the pit of my stomach. I hadn't done any practice tests beforehand and wasn't prepared and was thinking, why am I doing this to myself?! Why didn't I time myself and force myself to take tests before it was too late?!!!? Oh, the humanity!

Ok, there's your peek into the bizarre world of Mary's subconscious.