Shutter Monkey

Shutter Monkey Shoots... Shutter Monkey Scores

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Panic is Setting In

Well, not quite, but my mind is beginning to race as law school looms nearer and nearer in my future (as in one month away). I received my registration materials from Southwestern and, looking at the classes, I actually got excited about studying again. I just hate all the possibilities that are bouncing around in my head -- being on USC's waitlist was just a matter of fact for a while, but now I'm getting panicky, asking pointless questions -- what if I had studied a bit more for the LSAT, what if I took a different test, what if I don't get a good enough job after law school because of that. I'm slipping back into my high school mindset of one minor thing having a snowball effect on my entire life. I don't think I'd be the greatest law student to live, but I do think I deserve a shot at USC and it pisses me off that singular scores and things that I can't control determine my future. I worked so hard at UCLA and I know what I can do. I keep telling myself that wherever I am, I'll be fine -- I'll succeed and be happy, but what if I'm not satisfied, what if the past creates a future I don't want?